Life Music Art Development Everything

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Rails, PHP, and Resin

I'm in love. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my own server a few weeks ago to Resin. (On the advice of Matthew Porter a fine WebWork developer...) What can I say, I'm in love. Its not just Resin I'm in love with its what Resin allows me to do. Not only am I running WebWork based java code, I'm using Resins PHP support to run a few older PHP apps. The PHP support is beta level but still good enough to run the few simple apps I need. But it doesn't stop there. I'm using Resins FastCGI support to connect to a RAILS app. And get this, it matches Lighttpd's performance.

So there it is, my favorite stack. Resin + Postgres + RAILS. (Actually its also running MySQL as my little ROR app doesn't want to deploy on Postgres because of some weird Postgres ruby problem.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home