Life Music Art Development Everything

Friday, December 10, 2004

So whats going on in Molitorland lately? Well I'm trying to liquidate the rest of my vacation (minus the one week I can role over). Its not going so well, average three calls a day right now. However I'm filling in the gaps by playing with SUSE on s390 hardware. I have to say SUSE is pretty well put together. I've only found a few problems with their RPMS (and SRPMS). I still think Debian has a better packaging system, however over the past few years it seems distro's have gotten much better about this.

Having problems building gnome-libs on Suse? I had to edit the SPEC file and added --enable-prefer-db1 in the configure options block to get it happy. Not sure if this is an error on my part or theirs, however works great for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Molitor said...

I'll post the SPEC file and a link to download it on tuxbot soon.

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home