Life Music Art Development Everything

Thursday, May 13, 2004

I love Java. Its important to start that this conversation that way. I'm also dedicated to developing in any language depending on what my end goal is. When mono was announced I downloaded it and played around with it and even wrote some code to fix a few CLI problems. But then I lost interest. So I decided to download the 1.0 beta and build it on my RedHat EL 3.0 box. (basically just downloaded the source and did a ./configure --with-nptl=yes). So far I've been impressed, I'd dare say that any gui apps I write on linux will probably be in .net running on mono. I've already knocked out a few .net apps using M$'s implementation. Where will all this go, dunno but right about now I'm wanting a spell checker in blogger. So maybe thats what I'll write a mono app to post to blogger. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home